Tuesday, April 1, 2008

To Time

Laura gave me a great blog entry idea.

She is starting a new blog to discuss things that make life easier. I had to think for a minute, but a couple of the things that I use pretty much constantly are my planner, and my Google Calendar.

The planner is great because it goes where I go and I can put in all my appointments as I make them, see what I already have, and keep notes about events. I put in phone numbers, keep stamps and address labels, always a pencil, and sticky notes. I never use pen to enter anything in the planner because everything changes so often in my family! I use Amy Knapp's Family Planner.

I transfer everything to my Google calendar, which has the added benefit of enabling me to set up separate calendars that can be clicked on and off. I can see everything that is going on all at once, or I can just look at just Scouts, or organizing appointments, or my personal calendar.
I made up a calendar just for birthdays. At the beginning of the month I look at the calendar and remind myself to send cards or gifts to the people on the list for that month. I plan to put the Saint's days for my family and Godchildren on it too.
You can check it out at: Google.com
Go to the page. At the top you can look for the heading "more" and then click it and go down the drop menu to "calendar".

Time management is so important to being well organized. I go a little crazy when I can't keep track of where to be and when. I have learned that EVERYTHING goes on the calendar, and I don't trust anything to my memory.

One of these days I have to post another of my favorite record keeping devices. My dear old "Homeschool Tracker".

No comments:

I love the feel of home and I love the business of making my home and homeschool work as smoothly and "Grace"fully as possible. I want to help preserve the art of Domesticity, with the added Blessing of Home Education.
This is the purpose of this blog. To pass along some of the things I have learned, and am learning, about organizing, about cooking, about homeschooling, about time management and other tidbits.