Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's Only a Matter of Time

Tip: Next time you have to do a job you hate around the house, like say, cleaning the fish bowl or the rat cage, time yourself to see how long it really takes.
Sometimes I put off jobs I dread, thinking that it is just a huge job and I don't want to get into it.
I have found that when I actually time myself, I realize that the job itself isn't really a big deal. It's no more pleasant, but when I think that it's only about a 20-30 minute period of unpleasantness, I tend to get to it and get it done, instead of procrastinating.
It really feels good to have it behind me and I don't dread it so much anymore!

No comments:

I love the feel of home and I love the business of making my home and homeschool work as smoothly and "Grace"fully as possible. I want to help preserve the art of Domesticity, with the added Blessing of Home Education.
This is the purpose of this blog. To pass along some of the things I have learned, and am learning, about organizing, about cooking, about homeschooling, about time management and other tidbits.