Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Give Me a Washing Machine Any Day!

I just loved this, because I remember my Grandma telling me how much her life changed after she got her first washing machine. I remember having to go to a laundromat every time I wanted to do laundry and the wonderful freedom that I felt when I finally had a waher and dryer in the same house.

I actually really enjoy doing laundry, but I'll be I would like it so much if I had to do it the way these ladies do!
Thanks again, Barbara for some food for thought. So much good stuff from Mommy Life.

The Vatican is right about washing machines!

If a picture says a thousand words, here are 20,000 for you. After considering them, you might be ready to take the poll: Birth control or washing machine?

2-1.jpg washingclothes.jpg washingclothes2.jpg washingclothesbelize.jpg washingclotheschina.jpg washingclothescolombia.jpg washingclothesegypt.jpg washingclothesguatemala.jpg washingclothesindi 1900.jpg washingclothesindia.jpg washingclothesindia2.jpg washingclothesjapan.jpg washingclothesmorocco.jpg washingclothesmorocco2.jpg washingclothesnairobi.jpg washingclothesnicaragua.jpg washingclothesnicaragua2.jpg washingclothessouth.jpg washingclothessouthafrica.jpg washingclothsaustralia1900.jpg

Let's see. Birth control pill led to free sex, promiscuity, the further objectification of women as sexual playthings, higher divorce rates, increasing fatherlessness and resulting poverty for single mothers.

Which has truly been more liberating for women?

Love,
signature.gif

No comments:

I love the feel of home and I love the business of making my home and homeschool work as smoothly and "Grace"fully as possible. I want to help preserve the art of Domesticity, with the added Blessing of Home Education.
This is the purpose of this blog. To pass along some of the things I have learned, and am learning, about organizing, about cooking, about homeschooling, about time management and other tidbits.