Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm a Bag Lady

I have gotten grief for this, but I LOVE using Freezer/Storage bags for organizing.

I know there are lots of people who use them for lots of things besides freezing food, but I just had to weigh in with a few of my favorites,
For cooking, it's the best "shake n bake bag".

I even freeze food in them. I can buy in bulk and break up the batches and freeze smaller amounts. We eat a LOT of pancakes in this family. There is always a batch in a bag in my fridge.

For items that I have opened that don't have a "resealable" package.

Chargers of all sorts and sizes. No tangles here!
A drawer full of cords and adapters. Keeps all the different cords for each electronic device separated. Have to be sure and label them!

Game pieces and toys...

This is a two gallon bag. A paint roller fits inside perfectly, and if you are doing an ongoing project, you can put the roller inside, seal out the air and the paint will stay fresh and wet for days. You don't have to change rollers at all.
Even better, the huge bags will hold the whole pan AND the roller!


There are lots more uses, but these are the things I keep the bags on hand for around here.
Feel free to comment with your own ideas!

No comments:

I love the feel of home and I love the business of making my home and homeschool work as smoothly and "Grace"fully as possible. I want to help preserve the art of Domesticity, with the added Blessing of Home Education.
This is the purpose of this blog. To pass along some of the things I have learned, and am learning, about organizing, about cooking, about homeschooling, about time management and other tidbits.