Monday, June 9, 2014

Sour Cream Noodle Bake

I want to blog some of Mom's best recipes, and I thought I would start with one of the things that we loved the most when we were kids, and that Laura and Nina are now sharing with their families.

First, brown 2 pounds of ground beef, drain, and mix with one 15 oz. can of tomato sauce, 1 tsp of garlic powder, and 1 tsp of salt.


 Boil one package egg noodles...



 Mix one 15 oz. container each sour cream and cottage cheese....









 Add 5-6 chopped green onions...

 Mix well,

 Then layer 1/2 the noodle mixture...

Then 1/2 the ground beef mixture...


Repeat layers, and top with shredded cheddar cheese. 

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or if you make it ahead, refrigerate for up to three days, remove from fridge, and bake for 1 hour.

No comments:

I love the feel of home and I love the business of making my home and homeschool work as smoothly and "Grace"fully as possible. I want to help preserve the art of Domesticity, with the added Blessing of Home Education.
This is the purpose of this blog. To pass along some of the things I have learned, and am learning, about organizing, about cooking, about homeschooling, about time management and other tidbits.