Sunday, March 23, 2008

Why I am an efficiency nut...

I get a kick out of systems. I love figuring out the best way to do anything to make the job go more smoothly.
I thrive on order and I am happiest when I am working around my house, doing the simplest things in the most efficient and logical way that I can come up with. That doesn't mean that everything in my house is logical or efficient, it just means that I like to tackle the things that don't work well and make them work better.
I like managing my time, space and materials and improving a little each day by tweaking the systems that I have put in place.
I decided to start this blog to have a place for my writings and notes related to organizing.
I will post the things I have already written and as I find new and interesting ways to do things, I will share them.
Since I am a Homeschooling mom, many of the topics will pertain to organizing within the Home school.
My systems are mine, I have developed them for my home and family, for my schooling needs, but the way I got to where I am is certainly simple. Anyone can find the level of order that their particular family needs.
My house isn't fancy, new or full of ingenious time saving devices, in fact I don't even own a dishwasher, but my home works. It runs smoothly and well. It's just a matter of habits.
I'll be sharing ways to develop these as I go along.

No comments:

I love the feel of home and I love the business of making my home and homeschool work as smoothly and "Grace"fully as possible. I want to help preserve the art of Domesticity, with the added Blessing of Home Education.
This is the purpose of this blog. To pass along some of the things I have learned, and am learning, about organizing, about cooking, about homeschooling, about time management and other tidbits.