Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Menu Planning...

I saw a really neat idea awhile back.
When we have people over for dinner I always worry about whether or not I am constantly duplicating the menu. I also have some holiday menus that I want duplicate, for tradition's sake.

So I read this tip in an organizing manual.

Keep menus in your calendar.
When you have company, or a holiday get together, on the date that you write the event down, also write down the menu. You can even reference where you got the recipes so that you can make the exact same perfect meal!

Now Google Calendar is really great because you can make multiple calendars and view them separately. I made a "menus" calendar and I will be able to go back and see what we had for Easter this year and I can make notes about how to improve the items that I made.
I can do this for all the special dinners that I make. I can make notes about the likes, dislikes, allergies, etc, that are particular to the people that visit.
This can also be very helpful in preparing meals to welcome babies or help out a family in need. I always worry about how many times I have taken "Chicken etc!"

No comments:

I love the feel of home and I love the business of making my home and homeschool work as smoothly and "Grace"fully as possible. I want to help preserve the art of Domesticity, with the added Blessing of Home Education.
This is the purpose of this blog. To pass along some of the things I have learned, and am learning, about organizing, about cooking, about homeschooling, about time management and other tidbits.