Sunday, September 6, 2015

Merkel Menus For a Busy Week

It's going to be a busy one, folks.
Over the Summer I had forgotten what life gets like when I start schooling in September.
So, it will be a crockpot week and I am really glad that I am doing this now, because tonight I will be shopping for all the good stuff that I am going to stuff into that pot all week.

Monday-
Well, being a holiday, we're going to be enjoying an open house at the new home of our good friends!
That means a late dinner.
Grilled Burgers
Chips
Fruit- whatever's on sale at Walmart
ice cream

Tuesday-
Ack. Evening piano lessons. Always throws me for a loop.
These are yummy and go into the crockpot before the day gets too crazy.
Tangy Chicken Thighs
Noodles
Green Beans (maybe fresh if I can find them)

Wednesday- And...another evening meeting....So
This is the BEST Pork Roast recipe EVER and it is SO easy!
Slow Cooker Pork Roast
Rice
Peas
Applesauce- Chunky of course

Thursday- A day at home but a 5:00 appointment. Another Crockpot meal but it's one of my favorites!
Buffalo Chicken Chili-
2 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup) 2 medium stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup) 2 medium carrots, chopped (about 1 cup) 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, undrained 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed 1 cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton) 2 teaspoons chili powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (from 12-oz jar) 1 - Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except buffalo wing sauce and cheese. 2 - Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours. 3 - Stir in buffalo wing sauce. Serve sprinkled with blue cheese.

Serve over rice.
Friday- Co-op day. Friday is always pizza day!
Paninis for those of us that don't like pizza. I bought a panini maker and it is one of the most used small appliances that we have.
We like fake seafood and swiss on ciabatta bread.
#1 son likes PBandJ he says is an amazing treat!

and that's our week. Whew! I'm glad this is all planned for the week!

No comments:

I love the feel of home and I love the business of making my home and homeschool work as smoothly and "Grace"fully as possible. I want to help preserve the art of Domesticity, with the added Blessing of Home Education.
This is the purpose of this blog. To pass along some of the things I have learned, and am learning, about organizing, about cooking, about homeschooling, about time management and other tidbits.