Monday, February 15, 2010

Chilly Outside, Comfy Inside...


This is one of my favorite times of year.
The snow is piling up outside, the world is white and the air is brisk. Inside, we come together as a family, enjoying our cozy house, baking projects, family movies and board games.
It is a kind of togetherness that is harder to come by when the weather is nice and we are busy with many activities. Then our time together is more concerned with keeping to the calendar and a busy schedule.
At times like these we take the chance to stop and enjoy the lack of obligation. We have no choice, and so it is a rare treat.
Our home becomes our fortress and our hideaway from the storm.
All the touches... the candles, the books, the smell of something cooking for dinner, wrap around us and bring us to a deeper awareness of why we make a home at all. It is a haven and a place to be ourselves.
At these times I am so glad that we have worked to make this a comfortable, workable space.
I am even more grateful for the chance to share it with my favorite people!

No comments:

I love the feel of home and I love the business of making my home and homeschool work as smoothly and "Grace"fully as possible. I want to help preserve the art of Domesticity, with the added Blessing of Home Education.
This is the purpose of this blog. To pass along some of the things I have learned, and am learning, about organizing, about cooking, about homeschooling, about time management and other tidbits.